Stinkin' Thinkin' Matching Game + Poster (Printable)
Stinkin’ Thinkin’ Matching Game is designed to help clients learn all about cognitive distortions! In this download, you will find kid-friendly definitions and examples of the following common distortions:
2. Mental Filtering (Remember-the-Bad Thinking)
3. Mind Reading
4. Personalizing (My Fault Thinking)
5. Always Being Right (Gotta-Be-Right Thinking)
6. Catastrophizing (Big Deal Thinking)
7. Discounting the Positives (Forgetting-the-Good Thinking)
9. Minimizing (Small Deal Thinking)
10. Emotional Reasoning (Feelings-are-Facts Thinking)
11. Blaming (Your Fault Thinking)
12. Fortune Telling (Future Telling)
13. Black-or-White Thinking
14. Overgeneralizing (Always-ing)
Once the cards are printed, Stinkin’ Thinkin’ is played like a traditional matching game where all 28 cards are turned over and players take turns searching for a match. They will be identifying a card containing a distortion and its definition and will be trying to match it with its example. Through gameplay, clients will be learning how to define and differentiate between each cognitive distortion and will be challenged to identify alternative, positive ways of thinking.
Also included in this download is an 8.5x11 poster including all of the patterns and definitions.
- - - - - - - - - - -
By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Mylemarks LLC and licensed to you as a single user. To learn more about Mylemarks’ licensing options, please visit https://www.mylemarks.com/mylemarks-licensing-options.html. Mylemarks LLC retains the copyright and reserves all rights to this product.
1. Use this item with clients/students/small groups or for your own personal use and clients on your caseload only.
2. Reference this product in blog posts, social media posts, seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to Mylemarks LLC and a link is provided to www.mylemarks.com.
YOU MAY NOT:
1. Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
2. Extract any images from this file. All images are copyrighted by Mylemarks LLC.
3. Post this document for sale or free elsewhere on the internet or in-person including making the document accessible on social media platforms, shared drives, or additional places in which printed or digital copies can be accessed by unlicensed parties.
5. Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above.
If you encounter an issue with your file, notice an error, or are in any way experiencing a problem, please contact email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help you out!