- Diversity and Inclusion Worksheets
- Race & Culture Conversation Cards (Teen) (BMHC)
Race & Culture Conversation Cards (Teen) (BMHC)
This resource was created in collaboration with BMH Connect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Conversation Cards are designed to enhance individual or small group discussion!
This particular card deck is designed to be used with Black teens to explore their racial experiences and accompanying thoughts and feelings. This deck discusses topics that might be triggering and may bring up negative experiences, emotions, and memories for clients. These cards are designed to be used with teens 13+. Please read through sample questions to ensure that they are age-appropriate for your chosen population.
How to Use
This card deck contains 56 total cards and requires printing and cutting. For best results, it is recommended to print in high quality, on card stock, and laminate, if possible, for prolonged use. An optional back design is included. See product images for example.
Definitions are also included. These definitions are helpful to review with your client(s) prior to the use of the cards.
Sample Questions in this Conversation Card Deck include:
- Have you ever experienced a microaggression? If so, how did it feel?
- Was there ever a time you felt discriminated against? If so, how did it feel?
- Has anyone ever made a negative comment about the way you talk?
- Has someone from your race ever made a negative comment about your skin tone?
- Has anyone ever made a negative assumption about you before getting to know you?
- Name an adult who can help you deal with a difficult situation involving racism or prejudice.
- Have you ever felt like your teacher was prejudiced toward you?
- What has your family taught you about how to behave around the police?
- Have you ever had a negative experience with a police officer?
- How do you feel when you watch videos of police using excessive force with Black people?
+46 more cards!