- Feelings and Emotional Regulation Worksheets
- How Would You Feel? (Printable)
How Would You Feel? (Printable)
How would you feel...if you won first place in a contest? How about if a grown-up yelled at you? How Would You Feel? is a printable activity created to help kids identify and explore feeling words and faces.
To play, How Would You Feel? cards are shuffled, and each player is dealt one to put face-up on their character board. The first person reads the statement written on the card, finds a feeling face card that corresponds with how they might be feeling, and places it on their board. They will then talk in detail about how they would be feeling in that situation, and why. Players can then go around and share if they would feel similarly or differently if that situation were to happen to them.
Players take turns going through their How Would You Feel? statements, sharing their feelings and then hearing from the group. Once, everyone has had a turn, the cards are then placed in the discard pile, and new cards can be distributed.
Players are encouraged to empathize with each other as they explore how emotional responses may differ for everyone. You are also able to further explore how similar facial expressions can be interpreted as different feelings, like sad or disappointed. How Would You Feel? is designed to help increase your client's feelings vocabulary, promote empathy, and improve understanding of facial expressions and social cues.
This download also includes a list of feeling words and blank How Would You Feel? cards so that you can add your own scenarios!
By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Mylemarks LLC and licensed to you as a single user. To learn more about Mylemarks’ licensing options, please visit https://www.mylemarks.com/mylemarks-licensing-options.html. Mylemarks LLC retains the copyright and reserves all rights to this product.
1. Use this item with clients/students/small groups or for your own personal use and clients on your caseload only.
2. Reference this product in blog posts, social media posts, seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues PROVIDED there is both credit given to Mylemarks LLC and a link is provided to www.mylemarks.com.
YOU MAY NOT:
1. Claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove/attempt to remove the copyright/watermarks.
2. Extract any images from this file. All images are copyrighted by Mylemarks LLC.
3. Post this document for sale or free elsewhere on the internet or in-person including making the document accessible on social media platforms, shared drives, or additional places in which printed or digital copies can be accessed by unlicensed parties.
5. Obtain this product through any of the channels listed above.
If you encounter an issue with your file, notice an error, or are in any way experiencing a problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help you out!