LGBTQ+ Experience Conversation Cards (Teen)
This resource was created in collaboration with Dr. Catie Greene, LPC.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Conversation Cards are designed to enhance individual or small group discussion!
This particular card deck is designed to be used with LGBTQ+ teens to explore experiences and related thoughts and feelings. This deck discusses topics that might be triggering and may bring up negative experiences, emotions, and memories for clients. These cards are designed to be used with teens 13+. Please read through the sample questions below to ensure that they are age appropriate for your chosen population.
How to Use
This card deck contains 56 total cards and requires printing and cutting. For best results, it is recommended to print in high quality, on card stock, and laminate, if possible, for prolonged use. Optional back design is included. See product images for example.
Definitions also included. These definitions are helpful to review with your client(s) prior to use of the cards.
Sample Questions in this Conversation Card Deck include:
- Did you ever have any trouble being accepting of your own identity?
- What advice would you give to your younger self about self-acceptance?
- What does LGBTQ+ pride mean to you?
- Which family members have you opened up to about your sexual or gender identity?
- Who is one LGBTQ+ person that you look up to? Why?
- What does "coming out" mean to you?
- How would you feel if someone referred to you as she/her?
- How can you respond to someone bullying or teasing you about your identities?
- Who are the most supportive and accepting people in your life right now?
- Are there any parts of yourself that you're afraid to share with others?
- Do you feel like your school is supportive of LGBTQ+ students?
- Do you feel like you can wear clothing that matches your gender identity?
- What can others do to help you to feel more comfortable and accepted around them?
- What do most of your friends think about LGBTQ+ people or LGBTQ+ rights?
- What is the worst response you've received when you came out to someone?
- How do you cope when you're feeling alone in your identities?
- What is your favorite book, movie, or tv show that features an LGBTQ+ character?
- How do you know who is safe to trust when sharing about parts of your identity?
- Have you ever heard a friend or family member make a negative comment about LGBTQ+ people?
- How important are pronouns to you?
+36 more cards!