LGBTQ+ Experience Conversation Cards (Teen)
This resource was created in collaboration with Dr. Catie Greene, LPC.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Conversation Cards are designed to enhance individual or small group discussion! This set includes 56 thought-provoking questions and prompts, each designed to encourage self-reflection and open communication about LGBTQ+ identity.
This particular card deck is designed to be used with LGBTQ+ teens to explore experiences and related thoughts and feelings. This deck discusses topics that might be triggering and may bring up negative experiences, emotions, and memories for clients. These cards are designed to be used with teens 13+. Please read through the sample questions below to ensure that they are age-appropriate for your chosen population.
Definitions are also included. These definitions are helpful to review with your client(s) before use of the cards.
This card deck contains 56 total cards and requires printing and cutting. For best results, it is recommended to print in high quality, on card stock, and laminate for prolonged use. An optional back design is included. See product images for example.
Sample Questions in this Conversation Card Deck include:
- Did you ever have any trouble being accepting of your own identity?
- What advice would you give to your younger self about self-acceptance?
- What does LGBTQ+ pride mean to you?
- Which family members have you opened up to about your sexual or gender identity?
- Who is one LGBTQ+ person that you look up to? Why?
- What does "coming out" mean to you?
- How would you feel if someone referred to you as she/her?
- How can you respond to someone bullying or teasing you about your identities?
- Who are the most supportive and accepting people in your life right now?
- Are there any parts of yourself that you're afraid to share with others?
+46 more cards!
Benefits of Conversation Cards:
- 🗩 Facilitates Communication: Conversation Cards provide a structured and non-intimidating way for children to express their thoughts and feelings. It opens up avenues for communication that might be challenging in a more direct conversation.
- 🙂 Promotes Emotional Expression: The prompts on the cards encourage children to explore and articulate their emotions.
- 🏋️ Develops Self-Awareness: Through discussions prompted by the cards, children can gain a deeper understanding of themselves, their strengths, and areas for growth.
- 🤝🏽 Enhances Social Skills: Group discussions facilitated by the cards provide opportunities for children to practice active listening, empathy, and understanding.
- 🦸 Builds Confidence: Expressing oneself in a supportive environment, such as during card discussions, can boost a child's confidence. It reinforces that their thoughts and feelings are valid and valued.
- 🤔 Encourages Critical Thinking: Conversation Cards pose thought-provoking questions that prompt children to think critically about various situations and perspectives.
- 💭 Provides Therapeutic Insights: Using Conversation Cards can offer valuable insights into a child's thoughts and emotions.
- 🎯 Versatile and Adaptable: Discussion cards can be adapted to various age groups, developmental stages, and specific counseling goals. They are versatile tools that can be tailored to meet the unique needs of each child.