- Diversity and Inclusion Worksheets
- Race & Culture Conversation Cards (Kids) (BMHC)
Race & Culture Conversation Cards (Kids) (BMHC)
This resource was created in collaboration with BMH Connect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Conversation Cards are designed to enhance individual or small group discussion!
This particular card deck discusses topics that might be triggering and may bring up negative experiences, emotions, and memories for clients. These cards are designed to be used with kids, but please read through each question to ensure that they are age-appropriate for your chosen population. Conversation Cards are not a replacement for treatment and are solely designed to be used as a supplement by a licensed professional.
How to Use
This card deck contains 56 total cards and requires printing and cutting. For best results, it is recommended to print in high quality, on card stock, and laminate, if possible, for prolonged use. An optional back design is included. See product images for example.
Definitions are also included. These definitions are helpful to review with your client(s) prior to the use of the cards.
Sample Questions in this Conversation Card Deck include:
- Have you ever been treated differently because of the way you look? If so, how did it feel?
- What is your favorite thing about your skin color?
- Has anyone ever made fun of your name? If so, how did that make you feel?
- Who is a singer that makes music that makes you proud of who you are?
- Has anyone ever teased you about your hair?
- Have you ever felt like your teacher treated you differently from other kids in your class?
- Do you feel safe when the police are in your school or neighborhood?
- What is your favorite thing about your culture?
- If you’ve seen someone being hurt by the police, how did it make you feel?
- Do you ever worry about someone hurting you because of the way you look?
- Who is a grownup you can talk to if you’re feeling confused about how someone is treating you?
- Who is a Black person that you look up to?
- Do you have the same skin color as most of your friends?
- Have you ever changed the way you talk because of something someone said to you?
- Has anyone ever asked you “What are you?” If so, how did that make you feel?
- Has anyone ever thought you and your friends were doing something wrong, even though you weren’t?
- Have you ever wished your skin was a different color?
- Have you ever made fun of someone because of how they look?
- Has someone ever made fun of the food you eat?
- What is your favorite thing about your hair?
+36 more cards!